fine home cooking
- We cook at home for friends and friends of friends.
- We have started in Covid times but we expect to grow later. However home cooking is never going to be for crowds bigger than about 10.
- “Samfaina” (see below) is a Catalan vegetable dish, which is the starting point of the founders of this initiative. However it is open to foodies of all the Mediterranean and the rest of the world.
- We will have a club approach, with memberships, accounts, payments and accountability.
- Some members will cook, some not. Cooks are expected to calculate costs and keep records. This initiative is nonprofit but cost conscious.
- There will be members (cooks and no cooks) and visitors brought by members. Every event will have a flat fee, lower for members.
(*) Samfaina is a Catalan dish. It combines eggplant, zucchini, bell peppers, tomatoes and onions in a pot that simmers over low heat. The vegetable are chopped into very small pieces, they soften and collapse into one another, and the flavours meld. It is cooked for hours until the mixture is so thick and caramelized that it almost resembles a vegetable marmalade. Samfaina is delicious by itself and as a side for codfish, rabbit and many other fishes and meats.